Daniel Alan Miller
Full-stack Engineer / Customer Engineer / Solutions Architect
Melbourne, Australia - dalan.website
Stripe - Customer Engineer | Oct 2016 > Now
- Working with Stripe's largest users across the world to understand and integrate Stripe API and services.
- Responsible for bringing aboard billions of dollars in processing volume on the Stripe API.
- Serving as the technical point of contact for development teams and engineering managers of Stripe users.
- Writing code for region specific features and fixes. Resulting in recovering $MMs of loss dollars, launching new countries in APAC, and maintaining high bar of product localization.
RethinkDB - Developer Evangelist | June 2015 > Oct 2016
- Presented talks, gave workshops, and tutored tutorials at conferences, meetups, companies, and impromptu gatherings.
- Loved interacting with the RethinkDB community at large via Slack, Gitter, Twitter, Discourse, and face to face.
- Overall, ensured that developers interacting with RethinkDB had the best experience possible by optimizing our websites, writing clear documentation, and creating engaging content.
Roche - Messaging & Collaboration Intern | Jun 2015 > Oct 2015
- Munged data from Google Admin SDK and other datasets on internal Roche user accounts to identify over $1.5M dollars in Google Apps user billing savings.
- Set groundwork for a Webex conferencing billing data pipeline to convert incoming .csv/SQL files into a database to identify largest contributors to global company costs and explaining results to business partners.
Google - Google Ambassador | Feb 2014 > Nov 2014
- Represented Google at CMU Australia
- Ran workshops on how to better use G Suite (Google Apps) for fellow students and staff.
Whichbus - Cofounder / Developer | Jan 2012 > Sep 2013
- Launched bus navigation app using both City of Seattle data as well as OpenStreetMaps.
- Presented WhichBus app live in front of 200+ people at Seattle Tech Meetup.
- Won grant from City of Seattle via Startup Weekend Gov.
Nordstrom.com - Web Build Lead | Dec 2011 > Aug 2013
- Managed ~daily updates to Nordstrom.com, including testing scheduling, resolution of issues, and promotion to production.
- Trained and executed switching the entire team to Git. (Curse you LF & CRLF!)
- Provisioning and management of a MongoDB cluster for team data.
- Developed internal realtime web tools to enable collaboration and visibility into testing and deployment process.
Carnegie Mellon University | 2013 > 2015
Adelaide, AU & Pittsburgh, PA
M. Information Systems Management
University of Washington | 2005 > 2010
B.A. French & International Studies